Sunday 4 July 2010

Canoeing with the Parents

After promising my parents for weeks that I'd take them canoeing a nice evening arrived and me and Andy  took them for a paddle along the Exeter Canal from the Basin to Double Looks, yet again i managed to borrow some boats from work we took a Prospector RX and Mad River Reflection 15 RX. We got kitted up and headed off, it was a leisurely paddle me and split up so we could steer and head down towards the pub, we stopped just before and set up our picnic.

Mum and Dad making there way back after a spot of dinner

After a spot of grub we headed back this time with Andy and me in one and Mum and Dad in the other. We headed back at a good speed with Andy in charge of steering, whereas Mum and Dad managed to zig zap there way back up.

 Andy in charge of steering

 Trying out a new technique, two canoes paddles together!

Just coming up to the swing bridge by the sports pitches

No comments: