Saturday 9 April 2011

Bivying out on Dartmoor

Me and Andy decided that we were gonna test out our new bivy bags, so we got our housemate Sarah to kindly drive us up to Venford Reservoir, we then walked from the car park up towards a rocky out crop, found a sheltered spot from the wind then set up out mats, sleeping bags and bivy bags.


We played a couple of rounds of cards while we waited for the sun to go down, then laid back and whats the stars come out, it was very peaceful and a totally clear sky so we could see all the stars coming out

I woke up feeling a little damp, where the condensation on the inside of my bivy bag had started to come through my sleeping bag, I'd also managed to wake myself up alot during the night by having to check that there were no animals wondering round.

When we got up and packed our stuff up i had a quick wonder to stretch my legs out and saw a dear wondering around about 20 feet from me



When had a spot of breakie and started on our walk home, we headed down a very steep hill then walked down beside the River Dart (on river right) it was a lovely peaceful walk, because it was so early there wasn't anyone around until we got to Newbridge. Then then headed through the country park and back home ready for lunch 

No comments: